This indicator places a marker on a chart, based on a divergence between trade volumes and bar sizes, i.e., if bar size has been decreasing/increasing for N continuous bars and volume has been doing the opposite, a marker will be placed.
Usually the markers are placed near the peaks before a reverse or in the middle of a technical correction during a trend. This indicator can be used to identify potential entry or exit points, depending on the configuration of input parameters. VDM does not provide complete information about potential trades, if used without other indicators.
Higher input variables values mean less frequent signals. I am currently experimeting on how the false signals can be filtered. Also, a complementary indicator, which shows the direction in which the positions should be opened, is currently in development. Feel free to post your suggestions about improving this indicator.
The lines on the second image are NOT a part of the indicator and are drawn for demonstration purposes, however I can implement them in the code if someone asks.
- Whether or not zero bar should be counted.
- Convergence or divergence switch (convergence creates markers if both volume and bar sizes are moving in the same direction; divergence – in the opposite).
- How long the volume has to incerase/decrease to trigger the marker (in bars).
- How long the bar size has to increase/decrease to trigger the marker (in bars).
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Volume Divergence Markers (VDM) is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Volume Divergence Markers (VDM) provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4?
- Download Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4
- Copy Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Volume Divergence Markers (VDM).mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: