A code/method to test redrawing indicators by the examples of FxmFish, ZigZag, NonLagZigZag, AFIRMA, TREND_alexcud
– You may want to study the behavior of these indicators using this proposed method.
There is a number of indicators that are redrawn in the chart at each oncoming new bar.
Accordingly, some difficulties occur in visual estimating of the indicator properties in terms of their dynamics.
The proposed code allows you to assign the last bar (right) to the indicator by moving the graphical object. It is most convenient to do it using a vertical line.
Insert the code into the indicator source code. Find the calculation cycle and replace “0” in it with the variable “start”.
Don’t replace the value, if there is an array zeroizing cycle in the indicator.
Place a vertical line in the chart and name it as “start”.
Move the line manually waiting for the recalculation of the indicator.
Movement from past to future is optimal, because not all indicators “sweep” right bars.
So we will first place a vertical line named “start”, then indicators.
The indicator is recalculated, in two cases:
– automatically, when a new tick comes; or
– if there is no (not expected) a trade tick, manually, by changing any of the indicator properties; to do so, you should open its Properties window every time and change any color, since it is more convenient to change colors, not digits.
It is not quite comfortable to work by the above instructions.
If we have a group of several indicators in our chart, we will have to change the properties of each indicator when no ticks come
However, when developing this method, a paradoxial recalculation of all indicator was shown, only in case if there is an indicator without line calculations in a separate window that calls to functionIndicatorDigits(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS)). <build 211 MT 4 >
It is a paradoxial fact that, when you change the properties of such an “empty” indicator, all other indicators are forcibly recalculated in all windows.
Accidentally,TREND_alexcud became that initiating indicator.
An extra initiating indicator Visual_start_All was written.
Instructions for simultaneous testing of a group of indicators:
To recalculate all indicators, change the properties of TREND_alexcud or Visual_start_All.
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Visual Start is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Visual Start provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Visual Start.mq4?
- Download Visual Start.mq4
- Copy Visual Start.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Visual Start.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Visual Start.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Visual Start.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: