This indicator is based on the assumption that the price variations follow a multi-fractal model. From there, the Hurst exponent H can be easily computed from the fractal dimension (as obtained inhttp://codebase.mql4.com/en/code/8844). The variations of this Hurst exponent can actually be seen as predicting the variations of the volatility, and they therefore provide a time for entering into a trade (whenever this variation is positive), in order to profit from the high volatility period.
It must be noticed however, that this indicator doesn’t give any information as to the direction of the trade, for that a directional indicator must be used.
For more details about this indicator, please see my blog: http://fractalfinance.blogspot.com/2010/05/variation-of-hurst-exponent.html
Here is how it looks like, in the lower window, on a 1hr EUR/USD chart:
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4?
- Download Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4
- Copy Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Variations of the Hurst Exponent over time.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: