This indicator is based on a strategy mentioned in John Carter’s book, Mastering the Trade. The basic idea behind the strategy is that markets tend to move from periods of low volatility to high volatility and visa versa. The strategy aims to capture moves from low to high volatility.
For gauging this he uses two common indicators – Bollinger Bands and Keltner Channels (ok, not so common!). He also uses the Momentum indicator to provide a trade bias as some as the Bollinger Bands come back outside the Keltner Channels. The Squeeze_Break indicator combines this into a signal indicator and has the following components:
- A positive green histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are outside the Keltner Channels and the market is lightly to be trending or volatile.The stronger the histogram the stronger the directional price move.
- A negative red histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are inside the Keltner Channels and the market is lightly to be consolidating. The stronger the red histogram the tighter price action is becoming.
- Incorporated into the indicator is a Momentum indicator. According to the strategy J. Carter goes long when the Bollinger Bands break outside the Keltner Bands and the Momentum indicator is above the zero line. He goes short when the Momentum indicator is below the zero line.
- I’ve also added other indicator info in the top left hand corner to give a broader idea of current market conditions.
- The indicator provides audio alerts when a potential breakout is occurring. This indicator tends to be better with the larger timeframes. Personally I don’t trade purely on an alert signal alone. It’s just a handy tool for warning me of changes in price action and potential breakouts.
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Squeeze Break Indicator is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Squeeze Break Indicator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4?
- Download Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4
- Copy Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Squeeze Break Indicator.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: