Often times I find my chart is too cluttered with indicators to see the price action, however I still need those reference points.
My solution was to create an indicator which displays the current level of some of the MA’s off to the side of the current candle.
Works on all time-frames except Weekly and Monthly. Can show MA’s from other time-frames on current chart i.e. Daily 10 EMA on 15 min chart. The indicator is attached, change it as you like. The code is commented well enough that I hope making changes should be fairly self-explanatory. (I have seen enough posts on here to know that everyone will probably want a different MA added – feel free to make you own changes.)
NOTE: This is the “upgrade” version of the indicator I erroneously placed in the Forum under the same title. Adds ability to toggle MA’s on/off from the properties window and further internal commenting.
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
MA’s on the side is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
MA’s on the side provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install MA’s on the side.mq4?
- Download MA’s on the side.mq4
- Copy MA’s on the side.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on MA’s on the side.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator MA’s on the side.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove MA’s on the side.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: