Fractional Bands uses a modelisation of price variation by a Fractional Brownian Motion, that incorporates the consideration of the Fractal dimension, contrary to the Bollinger Bands, which are based on a Wiener Brownian Motion (a particular case of the Fractional Brownian Motion). They also use a different equation from the Fractal Bands (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8895). This difference, while being more consistent with the model on a mathematical point of view, does not seem to provide an indicator as interesting at a trading point of view. Nonetheless, it might still be of some use in combination with other indicators.
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Fractional Bands is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Fractional Bands provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Fractional Bands.mq4?
- Download Fractional Bands.mq4
- Copy Fractional Bands.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Fractional Bands.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Fractional Bands.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Fractional Bands.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: