This is an improvement on the formula we used for the sentiment meter within FX Multimeter III. We suggest using it as a relatively accurate way to gauge the sentiment of a given period of candles, as a trend filter or for entry/exit signals.
It’s a combination of two algorithms, both essentially the same but applied in a different way. The first one analyzes the bullish/bearishness of each bar using OHLC prices then averages all percentages in the period group of bars (eg. 10) to give the final % value. The second one treats the period group of bars as one bar and then determines the sentiment percentage with the OHLC points of the group. The first one is noisy but more accurate in respect to intra-bar sentiment, whereas the second gives a smoother result and adds more weight to the range of price movement. They can be used separately as Mode 1 and Mode 2 in the indicator settings, or combined as Mode 0.
MT4 Indicator Download – Instructions
Average Sentiment Oscillator is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Average Sentiment Oscillator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4?
- Download Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4
- Copy Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Average Sentiment Oscillator.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: